Monday, March 22, 2010

ATG Tracks of the Week: Rikers Island & Remember the Memory

All Things Golden (ATG) tracks of the week for March 22, 2010 Rikers Island by Q Project and Spinback and Remeber the Memory by The Wamdue Project.

This week I selected two throw back tracks because I love them both and couldn't decide. Track 1 is a classic Jungle tune off the 1997 album Promised Land Volume 2. Rikers Island defines what Jungle is clever, eurphoric, and groove inspired. If you're unfamilair with Jungle this alblum is a good place to start.

The second tune, Remember the Memory was released in 1996 on Strickly Rhythm Records. The Wamdue Project got it right with this one. This track reminds me of the people, sights and sounds of my hometown, Philadelphia. If you've ever been you know what I mean.

Clever music that reminds me of home that's why both tracks are the ATG tracks of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment