Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My favorite things: BBC 1Xtra


Imagine a radio station that plays Hip Hop, Dancehall, Drum n Bass, House, Garage, RnB, Soca and more. No, this isn't my fantasy station it's the UK's own BBC 1Xtra. A part of the BBC Radio family, BBC 1Xtra is the station for fans of black music in its many forms.

Now, don't get it twisted it's not a radio station strickly for black people their slogan states, "Love Black Music Love 1xtra." So it's about the love of the music period. Luckly, for those of us outside the UK you can access the station 24/7 thanks to the power of the web.

Simply visit the website and click listen now. You can also paruse the website to explore the many shows and radio show personalities.

Not only is the station's concept unheard of in the U.S but you hear a mixture of familiar tunes and fresh new music unreleased in the states, great interviews/DJ mixes and you get a little insight into what's going on in the UK (it is the BBC after all).

Plus I can't get enough of british slang! lol

BBC 1xtra, a musical dream come true and that's why it's one of my favorite things.

Check it out for yourself and you'll see what I mean. I'd love to hear your thoughts and favorite shows on the station. I'm partial to D&B with Bailey and the Crissy Cris show.

1Xtra TV Advert 2007 from BBC 1Xtra on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment